Health Science 2

This course is designed to help students expand their understanding of financing and trends of health care agencies, fundamentals of wellness, legal and ethical issues, concepts of teamwork and effective communication.  

Students will learn how to take vital signs and have the opportunity to obtain CPR and First Aid Certification through the American Heart Association.  As an added bonus, they also get certified in Stop the Bleed - knowing how to manage hemorrhage safely.

Quizzes and tests count 70% of your grade with homework assignments taking up the remaining 30%.

Participation in Healthcare Careers Club is a great idea! - we take several field trips each year to enhance the student direction toward career and college readiness.