Nursing Fundamentals

Nursing Fundamentals is an inherently honors course for students who wish to obtain a Certificate in Nurse Assisting CNA which is required for most collegiate nursing programs in North Carolina and it allows you to hired as nursing assistants in the nation. Pre-requisites include Health Sciences 1 and 2 and one other health related course such as Health Team Relations. An admission rubric approved by the Buncombe County Schools is given to all Health Sciences students to assure all students an equal opportunity to advance to this level provided they meet all requirements. Quizzes and tests count 70% of your grade with homework assignments taking up the remaining 30%. Participation in Healthcare Careers Club is a great opportunity to take several field trips each year to enhance the student direction toward career and college readiness.
This course takes 2 periods to complete in a semester, test grades of a 75 must be maintained at all times, and 40 clinical hours at a local facility must be met to sit for the NNAAP test given at the end of the course.