New Student Enrollment

  • New Student Enrollment
    Student enrollment at Charles D. Owen High starts with scheduling an appointment with the counseling department. They can be reached at (828) 686-3852

    Before your registration appointment, you'll need to complete the Online Enrollment process. This will make your registration appointment faster, and save quite a bit of paper. Currently, Online Enrollment uses a service called PowerSchool Registration, and you'll need to set up an account using either an email address or a permanent phone number. Online enrollment applies to students new to Buncombe County Schools. If you do not have internet access arrive at your appointment 30 minutes early to complete the online information in our counseling department.  

    Parents of students transferring within Buncombe County will need a PowerSchool parent portal account.  Please call (828) 686-3852 for account information.

    PowerSchool Registration Link

    To complete the registration process for ALL students, the following are required at the time of your enrollment appointment.
  • * Photo Identification of Parent/Legal Guardian
  • * Copy of Child's Certified Birth Certificate
  • * Proof of Guardianship. Can include birth certificate, divorce papers, Social Services paperwork signed by a judge awarding custody.  Custody paperwork authorized by a judge or Social Services/foster care placement paperwork is required for all children not living with their natural parent.
  • * Copy of up-to-date Immunization Record.  If your child is not immunized, you will need to speak with a school nurse.  By law, due within 30 calendar days of enrollment. 

* Health Assessment. For all students new to North Carolina Public schools.  Must be the NC DHHS form obtained on the nurse's website or from the doctor's office - these are not provided at the school.  By law, due within 30 calendar days of enrollment. 

* Two Proofs of Residence. One must be a utility bill (power, water, or gas) and the other must be a mortgage statement, rental/lease agreement, deed, or buyer's agreement. 

The following items must be completed and brought to your child’s school within the first month of school: Child's Current Immunization Record and North Carolina Health Assessment.