A program of the Buncombe County Health Center
SCHOOL NURSE ~ SHARON RAINES RN, NCSN
SCHOOL = 686-3852
OFFICE = 250-5075
Monday and Wednesday
What is School Nursing?
School nurses are employed by the Buncombe County Health Center. They serve both Asheville City and Buncombe County School Systems. School nurses work together with students, families and school staff to identify and follow up on health related issues.
- See students with illnesses, injuries, asthma, diabetes, chronic conditions and other health concerns.
- Talk to parents about health related questions or concerns. The school nurse can help develop a health plan for a child while they are at school.
- Teach school staff about chronic health conditions, special health care tasks and medication administration.
- Train school staff to manage daily health care needs of students.
- Screen for vision and dental problems and assure students receive needed care.
- Advise schools and parents on childhood immunizations and diseases.
Please feel free to contact me at any time with questions or concerns. I will be glad to work with you to assure that your child’s health concerns are met while at school.
You cannot get educated unless you are healthy and you cannot stay healthy unless you are educated.