The Army JROTC program develops in each cadet:
1. Ethical values and principles that underlie good citizenship.
2. Leadership potential with the ability to live and work with others.
3. Ability to think logically and communicate effectively.
4. Appreciation of the importance of physical fitness in health.
5. Knowledge of the effects and dangers of substance abuse.
6. Mental management abilities such as goal setting, visualization, and positive self-esteem.
7. Familiarity with the history, purpose and structure of the military.
8. Knowledge of educational and vocational opportunities and development ofbasic skills necessary to work effectively.
9. An understanding of the importance of high school graduation to a successful future.
Freedom Drill Meet October 2011