Welcome to the Libratorium
A.K.A. Media Center
Media Specialists: Samantha Gallman and Gwendolyn Perry
Media Assistant: Kelly Wright-Puglisi
Literacy Coach: Kenny McKee
7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Check out our Facebook page for pictures and updates about events:
The OHS Media Center provides access to a variety of resources including books, magazines, newspapers, online databases, computer programs, audiovisual materials and much more.
Our mission is to cultivate life long learners who exhibit ethical decision making when accessing, creating, and using information.
Our vision is to have a media center capable of supporting student learning and interests through a variety of resources both physical and digital.
Sources of Information:
Owen High School’s Media Center contains a diverse collection of books, magazines, newspapers, videos, and professional materials, which can be accessed through our electronic catalog. Owen High School has three online services available to students that can be accessed at school or at home. Students should check with the media center staff for appropriate passwords for these services.
- Unlimited books can be checked out unless class assignments require limiting certain titles or resources.
- Patrons may be restricted to a fewer number of allowed checkout if they are frequently late with books, have lost items, or have excessive fines.
- One item out at a time, if a student has an outstanding fine.
- Reference materials and magazines are available for overnight checkout and can be renewed.
- E-readers (Nooks) are available for 1 week checkout with signed Parent Consent Form and are renewable.
- Digital cameras are available for 1 week checkout and are renewable.
- All other books and recorded books are available for 3 weeks and are renewable.
- Five cents a day with a 2-day grace period
- To receive reminders through e-mail or remind 101 see the Media Assistant
- If printing an assignment to turn in for a grade, no charge
- If printing before school, after school, or during SMART Lunch first 5 pages a day are free, then .05 cents per page.
- If printing in conjunction with scheduled class use of media center materials, the number without charge will be determined by the classroom teacher and media specialist.
The Libratorium is the heart of our school community!