Using Math to Fight Hunger
Create a multi-media project proposing a solution to the problem of hunger in a country.
Graded components of this project will include
- Evidence of research investigating nutritional values of foods and a country with a food deficit. Complete all handouts to reflect knowledge gained.
- Solving the math problem allowing you to determine the combination of foods necessary to provide adequate nutrition for a country.
- A multi-media project in which you share your research, describe your problem solving activity, and the solution you propose. (TED Talk style: focus on solutions).
Day 1: Learning Targets
Day 2 & 3: Learning Targets
Day 3 & 4: Learning Targets
Day 5 &6: Learning Targets
- Identify the variables, objective function, and constraints using Problem Formulation for Fighting Hunger
- Input data and formulas into Excel Spreadsheet and use Solver to attempt to find the optimal solution using Excel Template for Fighting Hunger
- Test feasible solutions to determine which nutrients people in the country are lacking.
- Incorporate solution in your Photostory.